Belastingkantoor, Tax Office, Kancelaria Podatkowa
Wioletta Wojciechowska & Erwin Jongman

Rent Benefit - huurtoeslag

Do you live in a rented house in the Netherlands? If so, you may be entitled to the rent benefit. This is a contribution towards your rental costs.

These are the conditions for you and your possible benefit partner:

  • You are 18 years of age or older. You rent independent accommodation.
  • You, your possible benefit partner, and co-occupants are registered at your home address in the Netherlands.  
  • Your rent, (combined) income and capital are not too high.
  • You have the nationality of an EU country, Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland. Are you from another country? In that case, you need a valid residence permit or work permit.

You can apply for the rent benefit yourself to contact Jongman Advies Buro.

You can apply for the healthcare benefit, rent benefit and supplementary child benefit for a certain year up to 1 September of the following year. For example, you can apply for a benefit for 2019 until 1 September 2020.

Do you file an income tax return in the Netherlands and are you granted a postponement for filing the income tax? In that case, you can still apply for a benefit until the end of the postponement period.